The writings and adventures of a friend of mine, this particular one of her and her husband’s journey on the Inca Trail.
- 5 Must See Wonders of South America (epicatravel.com)
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (toomanyllamas.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flashback: The Inca Trail & Macchu Picchu (gallivantinggarthons.wordpress.com)
- Following the Inca Trail (mimiontheroad.wordpress.com)
- Inca Trail Pack List (stampsonmypassport.wordpress.com)
- The Inca Trail (Part 2) – a throwback post (ambitioustravelers.wordpress.com)
- The Inca Trail (Part 3 – We made it!) – a throwback post (ambitioustravelers.wordpress.com)
- Inca Trail: Days 1 & 2 (pastramijuice.com)
- Peru Inca Trail Tour for Great Health Benefits (peruincatrailtour1.wordpress.com)
The Inca Trail is a breathtaking 26 mile stone path that once extended from Cusco to Machu Picchu. This 4 day pilgrimage begins in the highlands of the Andes at roughly 8,959 feet and ends in a sub-tropical cloud forest after what feels like the journey Frodo takes in the 3rd Lord of the Rings, except there’s 5 times more stairs, and no monsters.
Nothing quite compares to the sense of accomplishment when you reach the prize at the end, and the sense of wonder as the sun first dissipates the clouds and cast its light on the ancient Lost City of the Inca. It is nothing short of magical.
While the endless stories behind the ruins you pass and stunning scenery make this an adventure of a lifetime, there are several things you must know before you go. After completing this trek, here are the top 10 things I…
View original post 1,362 more words