I wrote this on Valentine’s Day this year, but never posted it.
It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to post something about love. Every day should be Valentine’s Day – tell the one you love that you love them, first thing when you wake up, last thing before you sleep.
It’s Valentine’s Day. And of course I am thinking of LOVE.
Nat King Cole recorded L-O-V-E in December 1964 only three months before he passed away, a crooner with an iconic voice, this one among his best songs ever.
What do I love? I love…
- hugs and kisses from my niece Beatrix and I’m sure someday soon from my nephew August
- the way Bea says “Dodger blue”
- the way my parents look at their grandchildren Beatrix and August
- the way Taylor rests his big giant lug of a head onto my stomach when I am laying on the couch
- my epic journeys these past fourteen months: traveling to be with my family… to be with my friends… to be by myself
- going to baseball games and college football games
- hiking trails by the bay, in the mountains, “over the hills and far away…”
- sunrise from my balcony early in the morning sipping a cup of coffee while Taylor patiently waits for his morning walk
- a quiet night at home, either painting, writing or cooking… or doing all three while listening to music
- flowers blooming
- living and loving
- blank lines on lists to be filled with things I love that I may have forgotten… in other words…
- …to be continued
“Love was made for me and you.”
Go Adventure. Go Travel. Go Live.
As always, if you enjoyed reading this post, please share my blog with your connections http://www.secretofmysuccecil.com and follow me. Thank you!