My goal today was to spend less than $100 at Whole Foods and come away with a week’s worth of dining and snacking.
I spent $89.
Here’s what I bought.
- 1 lb boneless skinless organic chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
- 8 strips of dry-rubbed Black Forest bacon
- 1 dozen Judy’s organic cageless grade A brown eggs
- 3 potatoes – one russet, one red, one Yukon gold
- Organic tomatoes: heirloom, vine-ripened, and Roma
- Peppers: Mexican chilies, Serrano, Jalapeño and red bell
- Onions: one organic Vidali and one red
- Mint leaves
- 1 coconut
- Turmeric root, ginger and garlic
- Organic plain yogurt (Strauss family creamery)
- Dalmatia sour cherry spread
- Cheeses: Brillat Savarin Delin, 3-year Gouda, aged Mimolette Isyny St Mere, Skellig Cheddar Kerrygold, and Sweet Red Grass fed Barbers cheddar
So what should I do with these?
Taylor is literally staring at the food, drooling with anticipation. I don’t have the heart to tell him none of it is for him; so that’s why I bought him treats of his own.
Go Adventure. Go Travel. Go Live.
ALWAYS BE EPIC