My favourite activities involving cooking and drinking, then eating and drinking all while listening to music (and having a ballgame on in the background). And of course, a day doesn’t go by when I don’t draw or paint. 2015 was filled with days like that.
“As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.” — Ernest Hemingway (A Moveable Feast)
“I don’t know what it is about food your mother makes for you, especially when it’s something that anyone can make – pancakes, meat loaf, tuna salad – but it carries a certain taste of memory.” — Mitch Albom
“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” — W.C. Fields
- Looking for Chicago Restaurant Recommendations?
- The Best Darn Burger in San Francisco
- Burma Superstar
- The Magic of Burma Superstar
- Cooking and the Spice for Life
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
- Clams Pulao Rice
- Thinking About Siam Rice and Basil Chicken
- Eggs, Please
- Savoring a Cubs Win. Eating an Omelette.
- Coffee Is For Closers
- Starting the Day with a Cup o’Joe
- Help! What Do I Cook With All This Stuff?
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday (2)
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday (3)
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday (4)
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday (5)
- So This Is What I Did With What I Bought From Whole Foods Yesterday (6)
Whenever I want to stay still and yet find Zen, I always find it once I place a brush in my hand, that and a canvas.
“Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.” — Leonardo da Vinci
“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.” — Vincent van Gogh
- In Search Of…
- You’re the Artist
- The Dark Knight
- Taylor vs Audrey
- Nina, Jasper and Fields of Yellow
- Elephant Love
- Time-Lapsed Lovebirds
- Who Is Your Favourite Teacher?
- Which of these Paintings Do You Like Best; Each Inspired by the Pacific Coast Highway?
- Today’s a Good Day to Start
- Painting Under a Sunrise
- Painting at the Point
- A Little Something Extra. Revisiting an Afternoon at Point Reyes
- Feeding the Pigeons
- Monks Walking into Battle
- A Sunset on Rangers Island
- Want to Give a Unique Present for the Holidays?
LISTEN TO THE MUSIC
I literally have music on 24/7.
“If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC” — Kurt Vonnegut
“To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.” — Aaron Copland
“Play it fuckin’ loud!” — Bob Dylan
- Robert Plant at Bottlerock
- The Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh and Friends
- Welcome to the Jungle
- The Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic and Texas Instruments
- Deathcab For Cutie
- Harvest Moon
- Walking with Taylor and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Walking Some More with Taylor and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Please follow me on http://SecretOfMySucCecil.com/my-blog/
If you would like to purchase or inquire about custom art, please visit https://secretofmysuccecil.com/my-artwork-for-sale/
ALWAYS BE EPIC.