2015 wasn’t 1988, when my San Francisco 49ers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and Los Angeles Dodgers all won the title. There were many great moments. However, except for Navorro Bowman (and Anquan Boldin winning Walter Payton NFL Man of Year award a couple days ago for the 2015 season), none of them was by my NINERS. An injured and depleted Fighting Irish had a valiant season, but ultimately could not stand up with the best of college football. Next year will be much different. Much of this year’s best moments came from Chicago’s northside. The young Cubbies (the team I grew to love over a twenty year time period when I lived in Chicago) provided an amazing summer for me, catching many of their games on TV and going to their games at AT&T Park against the Giants. They came thisclose to the World Series. Maybe next year will finally be their year, which means this year.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand.” — Leo Durocher
“Okay you guys, pair up in threes!” — Yogi Berra
“Baseball is the most perfect of games, solid, true, pure and precious as diamonds. If only life were so simple. Within the baselines anything can happen. Tides can reverse; oceans can open. That’s why they say, “the game is never over until the last man is out.” Colors can change, lives can alter, anything is possible in this gentle, flawless, loving game.” — W.P. Kinsella (Shoeless Joe)
- Buckner. The Boston Red Sox. The 1986 World Series. Baseball and Benefitting Others.
- Fenway Park
- Joe Montana, Cal Ripken Jr., Eddie Murray, and Ron Kittle.
- Kentucky/Duke and the Greatest Basketball Game Ever Played
- To Dream and To Aspire
- Pacquiao vs. Mayweather
- The Chicago Cubs – the Season That Was That Coulda Been
- Are These Cubbies For Real?
- Are These Cubbies For Real (2)?
- Reconnecting at AT&T Ballpark
- The Story Behind Drew Brees Birthmark
- Two Games. Two Nights.
- The Cubs v Giants, Game One
- Jake Arietta and His No-No.
- Go Cubs Go
- Go Cubs Go (2)
- Game One. Eleven to Go.
- Game Two. Ten More to Go. Go Cubs Go.
- Taylor Watches the Cubbies, Part Two
- Savoring a Cubs Win. Eating an Omelette.
- The Greatest Home Run in the History of Major League Baseball
- The Cubs Are Worth a Thousand Pictures
- This is it. Game One. Go Cubs Go.
- Go Cubs Go 107 Times
- Taylor, Tucker, The Palace, Point Reyes, and The Cubbies.
- Cubs Lose
- Learning to Read English Before I Could Speak It
Please follow me on http://SecretOfMySucCecil.com/my-blog/
If you would like to purchase or inquire about custom art, please visit https://secretofmysuccecil.com/my-artwork-for-sale/
ALWAYS BE EPIC.