It was only thirty days.
Or was it?
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw
Parts of it seem like a dream – equal parts fantastic, equal parts unreal, equal parts dangerous. If it happened, surely it must have happened in the same universe as Oceanic Flight 815. Somewhere in Dubai, when best friends living in Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco decided to meet, the adventure began. So maybe it really was all real?? Reality is just perspective – one person’s dream, another person’s nightmare, both of their realities. Like Shaw wrote, we said “why not?” And in our world, all of it did seem real – both the weeks that included Kolkata, Varanasi, Bombay, and Udaipur to the days that included the Rickshaw Run commencing in Jaisalmer, passing through Jodhpur, Pushkar, Barr, Jaipur, Agra, Kanpur, Darbhanga, Gorakphur, Jalpaguri, Darjeeling, Cooch Behar before finally coming to its conclusion in Shillong.
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
As I live my life, I will always look back to those thirty days with two of my best friends, as well as meeting new friends, traveling through India as one of the best thirty days of my life. And so even a year later, I am still not finished transcribing all that we lived and all that we saw and all that we felt, but for now, in a nutshell, here’s some of it (more yet to come)…
India: Before the Rickshaw Run…
- Flight to Dubai – 21 March
- Frogger in Kolkata – 22 March
- Holi in Varanasi – 23 March
- Nightly Pooja in Varanasi – 23 March
- 76 Years Young in the Scindhia Guest House – 23 March
- Best Exotic Scindhia Guest House – 23 March
- A Quick Question
- Please Respond
- A Moment in Time
- Sunrise in Varanasi – 24 March
- Nightly Pooja in Varanasi – 24 March
- Leopolds in Mumbai – 25 March
- Hello Udaipur – 27 March
- Udaipur in Slo-Mo – 27 March
- Sunrise in Udaipur – 29 March
- Indian Superstars
- Hotel Stays in India
India: the Rickshaw Run…
- On the Road to Jaisalmer – 30 March
- Our Balls and Our Night in the That Desert – 31 March
- Jaisalmer… And So It Begins – 2 April
- Day 1: Jaisalmer to Jodhpur – 4 April
- Day 2: Jodhpur to Barr – 5 April
- Day 3: Barr to Pushkar – 6 April
- Day 4: Pushkar to Jaipur – 7 April
- Day 4: Jaipur to Agra… Keeping Our Heads – 7 April
- Day 6: A Birthday at the Taj – 9 April
- Day 7: World War Z – 10 April
- Day 8: I Can’t Drive 55 in Bihar – 11 April
- Day 9: Still in Bihar – 12 April
- Day 10: Happy Birthday to ME – 13 April
- Day 10: 46 Happy Birthdays – 13 April
- Day 11: Hello Darjelling, I Love You. Won’t You Tell Me Your Name – 14 April
- Day 12: A Dead Body on the Road to Guwahati – 15 April
- Day 13: The Finish Line in Shilong – 16 April
- Day 14: Looking Back on Yesterday – 17 April
- A Map of Our Month
- Goodbye India. Hello USA.
- Goodbye Epic Month. Hello Beethoven.
- Hotel Stays in India
- What Was It Like?
Before the Trip…
- Important Dates
- Please Donate to Our Charity
- Please Donate to Our Charity (2)
- What’s an Auto-Rickshaw, You Say?
- International Drivers’ Permit
- What T-Shirt Should We Wear
- Pimpin’ Our Ride
- Jaisalmer to Shillong
- In Search of India on the 101
- Bollywood Movie Trailer
- Movie Trailer 1
- Movie Trailer 1B
- Movie Trailer 2
- Movie Trailer 3
- Movie Trailer 4
- Fixin’ a Rickshaw
- Response to Fixin’ a Rickshaw
- Where’s DaveRisner?
- Where’s DaveRisner (2)
- DaveRisner Follows Up
- It’s Getting Real
- India in Time
- The Adventure Begins
- We’re Gonna Be Movie Stars!
Please follow me on http://SecretOfMySucCecil.com/my-blog/
If you would like to purchase or inquire about custom art, please visit https://secretofmysuccecil.com/my-artwork-for-sale/
ALWAYS BE EPIC.